Sunday, March 1, 2009

Progress

I blogged earlier in the year about being determined to make some changes in my life. I am still as committed as the day I wrote that blog. I thought I might struggle with motivation, but even on the hardest days I have my goals in my sight.

My efforts to lead a healthier lifestyle have led to a 6.5 pound weight loss. Woo Hoo! I did 419 minutes of cardio on the elliptical in January going 12.96 miles. In February, I did 449 minutes of cardio on the elliptical going 15.5 miles! I have been doing strength training and ab work, too but not tracking the time.

I am proud of my progress, but have moments where I don't think it's good enough. I guess that's one of the things I need to change about myself...I need to not be so critical. I need to let myself be proud and chose not to be hard on myself. I may not be losing weight in large amounts, but I am making better choices and I am making time to exercise...so in time I will reach my goal. In the meantime, I will continue to take one step at a time towards a better me.

I have been making a little time for outside interests. I am currently stealing moments to take photographs. I love it. I look forward to my photography sessions and am constantly striving to improve. Thanks to my husband, I have two leads on possible opportunities with horses. I am so excited! It would be incredible to be in a barn again and back in the saddle. I will blog more about the opportunities as I learn about more about them.

I have continued to reconnect with old friends, but haven't found a lot of opportunity to make new friends. It's really hard for me to take that first step to go out and meet people, but I must do it even if it is a bit scary.

I am staying focused and continuing on my journey to make those changes...

3 comments:

  1. You're doing GREAT Kelly! Way to go :)
    I know it's hard to not be critical of yourself...I have the same problem. Just remember that even the tiniest of accomplishments is still something accomplished! Celebrate even the smallest of things, and be proud of yourself :)
    Good for you for stealing time for yourself - I know that's hard too, and you deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You scared me at first when I read "419 minutes". I thought "You need to practice some moderation girl!" Then I realized that was for the whole month. :-)

    Change is a common theme for us Mamas that are moving on to the next stage in our lives I think. Change is good.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol, MB! Just a few years ago, I could easily spend a few hours each day in the gym exercising. I can pretty easily become obsessive about exercising if I don't have other distractions...like two little ones. :) Right now, I am just pleased that I get my cardio in daily and get some strength training & ab work done a few times a week.

    Change is good. :)

    ReplyDelete