Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Honest Scrap Award



I have been give the Honest Scrap award by two of my friends, Dani and Kate. Thanks ladies! :) I hope I am up for this...

Here are the rules of the award:

a) List 10 honest things about yourself - and make it interesting, even if you have to dig deep!

b) Pass the award on to 7 bloggers that you feel embody the spirit of the Honest Scrap.

1. I have to shower every day. It's not a long shower, just long enough to wake me up.

2. I have battled with depression for years and started having panic attacks after the birth of my first daughter. I have found that exercise and taking Passion Flower helps so I opt for a more holistic approach.

3. I started college at 26 years old. It took me that long to get the courage to go. I spent a lot of money on a degree that isn't paying my bills and likely won't ever. I took out entirely too many student loans and wonder if I will ever get them paid off. I wish I had been smarter about choosing my degree and taking out loans.

4. I fear losing my memory. I have moments were my thoughts aren't clear and remembering things isn't easy. It's scary. I fear not being there for my girls and husband and being locked away somewhere all by myself.

5. I love to write, paint, draw and take photographs. I hope to write and illustrate a book for children. I have a few started and hope to complete one and send it to a publisher soon. I would also love to have a career in photography.

6. I use to own, train and ride horses. I loved to show and ride in the rodeo circuits. I gave up my horses for a while because I thought I would get them back one day, but now I am not so sure I will. I miss riding and the freedom that comes with it.

7. I am often afraid to try new things. I am afraid of failing, too. I need to let go of this and move on so I can accomplish my dreams.

8. I love to do nice things for my friends and family. It's never about having the same done for me but about brightening someone's day and letting them know how much I care about them. The one downfall...I let my feelings get hurt if I don't receive a thank you.

9. I wanted to be a veterinarian when I was a little girl.

10. Two of the best dogs I ever owned were Brute, a Golden Retriever, and Sampson, an English Mastiff. Brute was my show dog and we won lots of ribbons. Sam was my buddy. He weighed 220lbs in his prime and was always there by my side...his loyalty still makes me smile.

Well, there are my ten honest things and I hope you find them interesting.

I don't have seven people to send this to that haven't already received the award, so I am passing this onto two people that I don't think have received it, Shawnnita and Kerren, and noting five blogs, Mary Beth, Boo, Jen, Susie, and DD that make me laugh, think or inspire me. I hope that is good enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment