My friend Boo introduced me to a scavenger hunt at Nicole B's when she joined the fun in late April. I hesitated in joining at first, but decided a little over a week ago to join. (Nicole B. - I take part!) I had a lot of fun looking for the items on the list and am looking forward to the next one.
Here are my photos, hope you enjoy!
1. A souvenir - a little pair of wooden shoes from the Holland Tulip Festival in Holland, MI.
2. A fish - I had no luck taking a photo of a live fish, so my daughter found this cute one in a book.
3. A religious building - The Methodist Church of Lake Orion.
4. A fire department - Orion Township Fire Department #2
5. A manhole cover - It's located in my front yard. I like the design on it!
6. A postcard - I bought to send to a friend in South Africa.
7. Water - This is an old mill sight near my favorite walking trail.
8. A communication device - This phone was my mom and dad's first home telephone. I loved playing with it as a child. I broke it when we moved and am still sad that I did.
9. A Life event - My precious little one standing for the first time. She's determined to grow up too fast!
10. A foreign stamp - My lovely friend, Kerren sent my girls a calendar from South Africa with photos of amazing animals in it. These were a few of the stamps from the package.
11. A tree - It sits across the road from my house.
12. The living space of a non-human - I love the swan and her cygnets. I hope to get photos of them all on the lake soon.
13. A street mirror - It was my first photo for the scavenger hunt. I was so excited to have found it!
14. A decoration fixed on a house - I had a hard time finding a decoration fixed on a house, so when I saw this I knew it was not time to be picky.
15. A foreign flag - The German flag.
16. A fire - I love this photo! It's one of my favorites.
17. An antenna - I had hoped to find something more interesting, but luck was not on my side...so just a plain old antenna.
18. A phone booth - This was a challenge. Luckily my daughter saw this phone booth last night.
*What was almost my phone booth photo - My attempt to be creative - a photo of my phone in a booth at McDonald's, just in case I didn't find a phone booth. (Yes, I received a lot of strange looks during my McDonald's photo shoot.)
18. A "verboten" sign -
19. A beach - It's as tiny as it looks. It's in Green's Park.
20. A cityscape - Downtown Lake Orion.
22. Something goofy - We were driving down the road yesterday and I saw him. I had to take as many photos as I could while we were sitting at the stop light. I am not sure why but his head and facial hair are half shaven, but my guess is for Red Wings ice hockey tickets.
** What was almost my goofy photo - a store window display.
23. Something carved - A lovely mask from our friend in South Africa.
24. An eye - My third lovely daughter's eye.
25. Something rural - I grew up farming and all that comes with it. I love taking photos of old barns. I knew this one would be perfect for the scavenger hunt.