Friday, May 8, 2009

Bees and trees

We have two weeping cherry trees in front of our house. Most of the year I think we should cut them down and plant something else in their spot. In the spring though, these two trees are so beautiful when they bloom. One has white blossoms, the other has pink. The tree with the white blossoms bloomed a week or so ago.

I was almost afraid to walk out the front door due to all the bumble bees buzzing around. I have never seen so many bumble bees at the same time. At any one moment it seemed as if hundreds going from blossom to blossom.

I couldn't help but try to get some photos. Let me just say the bumble bees were not happy about me disturbing them and nor were these photos easy to take. I didn't realize how fast bumble bees were until I tried to photograph them.







One photo of the pink cherry blossom bloom.

No comments:

Post a Comment